Friday, June 29, 2007

Life with a dead CPU

Salaam.

That may well be an interesting title to an article in a PC mag. or perhaps a title to a song(...err). But it is a real dilemma i'm facing right now with my old PC. Which explains why I haven't got time to update this blog.

'Your CPU may have a problem' is the message from the talking (yes, talking) CPU of mine. I would keep on pressing the power button and the restart button again and again for it, hopingly, to load up. but failures upon the trials i made seem to get me over my head.

What's life without my CPU working?

I can't go online, and that means, I can't check my emails, can't listen to my songs, can't read blogs, can't google for information, can't watch youtubes, can't snoop around and being nosy about other people's lives through chatting in MSN etc etc. These have become your 'life' if you're too connected to the world called the internet. It's as if your life depends on it (well at least to some extent, I do)

Oh, and what's even worst is for me not being able to do my work. And i mean work; like lesson plans, students' name list etc etc....which at the moment, is really what i need to do. Getting it delayed would mean i had to do it manually, by hand.

Combining work and entertainment, all these is life for me. And with the CPU having a problem would mean i have to live without them temporarily. And it's really hard. Even harder, i'm worried that my PC wouldn't work at all, ever!! Imagine all those files i have, my music, my pictures, my documents all gone! what a waste of an effort ey?? So please if you can, backup your stuffs, especially the important ones, so that you wouldn't have to crash into pieces when your harddisk fails.

A breather, im posting this and able to do some work through my dad's laptop. I still prefer to use my own though. Though it's an old PC, i still think its better.. heHe...

Again, i have to say this, i NEED a new computer. Make it just a laptop this time. I need a new laptop. Inject me with a reliable new life again. worry-free and trouble-free. But that time has yet to come, because of some factors that i don't want to mention again and again. All related to work and money.

Stay in touch with some posts coming up...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment